Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Horrifying Experience

My classmate is giving me venomous looks because of this title: "A Horrifying Experience"; however, I am forced to believe that a teacher talking to you in a condescending, fakely sweet honey-like voice and a bunch of reincarnations of G.L. (the human montrosity who used to torment students of S.O.L.) are anything but pleasant. Weird looks from kids when I asked whether I should spit out my gum drove me to believe that it could not be a wonderful experience.
On my first day of WASL testing at the mysterious and anonymous K.B.'s school I witnessed three boys wreaking havoc in a fairly large classroom with the teacher Instant Messaging or doing some shady business through it all. The only time she chose to bellow "Sit down facing the front!" was when we were all perfectly seated like a bunch of angels. Most of the kids were devils in disguise as angels, though.
Music was a complete bore, with a range of midgets to giants (all, apparently, eight or nine years old) singing idiotic and high-pitched babyish Charlotte's Web songs, as well as boys obnoxiously shouting they had to go to the bathroom along with some awful out-of-tune singing. I mouthed most of the words.
PE was alright although I kept on punching the ball to the side and knocking it into the clock, which had to be attended to by the frowning coach at once. I was not a complete failure, like the girl who accidentally threw the ball right down at her feet, but I didn't score any points either.
To all of you at R.E., sorry for this but this is really how I feel about your place.
Adora

No comments: